ARPEGE is specialized in the functional and structural analysis of protein complexes. This facility offers the possibility to characterize all types of molecular interactions: ligand-target binding, protein-protein interactions, signal transduction, and signalling complexes. The facility staff members are skilled specialists in luminescence-based techniques and in receptor biology.
- Analysis of cell signalling, by measuring signal transduction,
- Ligand-target binding (pharmacological analysis, affinity, selectivity),
- Protein-protein interactions (oligomerization, effectors...),
- Activation of signalling pathways (G proteins, GRK, arrestins & internalization),
- Intracellular production of second messengers (cAMP, IP1, Ca2+),
- Phosphorylation of signalling proteins (ERK, AKT...),
- Measurement of global cell functions and of different cell parameters (proliferation, migration, invasion...).
Thanks to their experience, our team, constituted of researchers and engineers, has a strong expertise in the use of luminescence techniques (fluorescence, FRET, TR-FRET, HTRF, BRET). The equipment includes a selection of medium throughput plate readers and a pipetting robot. In 2020, the platform acquired a new FDSS plate reader from Hamamatsu that can simultaneously perform 96 kinetic measurements thanks to its camera and 96-channel injection head. An EFS electrical stimulation module was also installed on the reader.
Access and service policy:
The facility offers fee-paying services to (public- and private-sector) laboratories and to companies. Users can directly operate the equipment to carry out their project (after having followed the adapted training), or ask our engineers to perform all the experiments according to the quotation established with the client.
ARPEGE has received the labels GPTR and IBiSA, and follows the ISO 9001 type management principles (certified since 2014).